Not Much Time

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Not Much Time

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Charles Monroe
    Participant

My wife and I want to “hit the ground,” and yet we realize we have very limited time. An agency was recommended to us that would pretty much cover everything we want to see and learn but the cost is really prohibitive.

Do you have recommendations for someone or some agency that can help us in Cuenca:

Look at rentals in different neighborhoods in a compact way
    Meet with other expats in a group setting
    Get a general feel for the city

AND

The same (maybe two days) in Cotacachi.

Strategies and suggestions are most welcome. We are pretty sure that we can make a quick survey and create impressions on our own as to whether this is a good idea or a hair brained one. We can handle paperwork and visa stuff online and with a potential lawyer involved. We’re very very excited about this potential major change in our lives. Thanks for any and all consideration.

Hi Charles,

I don’t know of any agencies doing this kind of thing in Cuenca, but you might check with Ecuadorable Homes (ecuadorablehomes.com) about checking out rentals. They might be willing to throw in a city tour and introduce you to expats if you ask for that. Otherwise, I saw there is a new tour agency that just opened which might be willing to do a custom-type tour for you. I don’t really know much about them, but sometimes new businesses are more likely to be flexible in their offerings. They are called We Travel and you can contact them at wetravelagencyecu@gmail.com.

If you can’t find someone to do the city tour/expat meeting you can do those on your own fairly easily. Take the double-decker bus tour around Cuenca and you’ll get a decent feel for the city. And you’ll find loads of expats at restaurants and cafes like The Vegetable Bar and San Sebas Cafe.

In Cotacachi, get in touch with Yolanda Santana from ReMax (http://www.remax.com.ec/ysantana). She has rentals available and can easily show you the town and it’s neighborhoods. To find expats here, go to Rio Intag Cafe or Solid Rock restaurant. You should find plenty of people who are happy to speak with you.

Charles Monroe
    Participant

This is a totally wonderful answer – thanks so much. I will be contacting ALL of them to get a mental picture of it all. We will be landing in Quito on Oct 22 and leaving on the 31st so your info is wonderful.

Robert Crenshaw
    Participant

You might want to check out airbnb (airbnb.com). I used them whenever I’m traveling and need a place to stay. .. Weather it be Ecuador or any other country. I’ve used them many times when staying in Ecuador. The last time was for two months in Quito.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.