Ocean road

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Ocean road

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    LAWRENCE SCHULTZ
    Participant

I am thinking about a trip based out of Manta, Ecuador. What I would like to know is whether there is an ocean road that pretty much parallels the ocean that would take me north and south of Manta to visit other ocean cities? Is the quality of the road, assuming there is one, in good shape and are there sufficient gas stations on the way?

Yes, there is a highway that parallels much of Ecuador’s coast and is known as the Ruta del Sol or the Ruta del Spondylus. It is paved and in good shape and the larger towns along the way will have fuel stations. Be aware though that some of the towns you may want to visit might not be right off the highway so you might want to study a map before making your trip so you can decide where you want to get off the highway and explore a bit more.

LAWRENCE SCHULTZ
    Participant

Wendy

Thanks for the info. Do you know where you can get a road map for Ecuador?

Thanks again.

I’m sorry, but I don’t know of any specific areas where you can find a road map. In Quito’s Mariscal district there are many travel and tour companies which would be your best be for finding a road map. If you’re not going to be in Quito I would inquire about a tourism bureau in Manta and check there.

With GPS being so popular, it’s becoming harder and harder to find actual printed maps these days.

JILL BRISTOW
    Participant

You can get a big map from http://www.sales@stanfords.co.uk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.