Parrots

Homepage Forums Panama Insider Parrots

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ELIZABETH B.

Hello, I traveled to Panama about seven years ago from California and fell in love with the people, beaches and everything about the country. We are now thinking of retiring in Panama.
    I have a 29 year old imported yellow nape amazon whom I hand fed as a baby. It has not been legal to bring parrots into the states for some time now. My concern is if I move to Panama and bring him will I have a problem bringing him back to the states? Are there any requirements as to bringing him to Panama?
    Appreciate any input or referrals as to who might have the answer. Thank you in advance for considering my request.
    Elizabeth Burkhead
    eburkhead@aol.com

Dear Elizabeth,

Panama regulations make it extremely difficult to bring birds of any kind into the country. I’d suggest contacting a Panama attorney for legal info on this. There is an attorney contact listed in the rolodex of your panama insider : The Law Offices of Rainelda Mata-Kelly, Suite 406-407, Tower B, Torres de las Americas, Punta Pacifica, Panama City, Panama; tel. +507 216-9299; e-mail: rmk@mata-kelly.com; website: http://www.mata-kelly.com

good luck!!!

DR A D R.
    Participant

You can get the most complete information on this by contacting your nearest USDA?APHIS office. That stands for Animal Plant Health Inspection Service. They are in charge of all export and import of animals and can answer your questions. If you already own a bird they used to impose an in home quarantine but regs are constantly changing. They would know Panama rules as well

Great tip, thanks for chiming in to help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.