paying for a local flight

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum paying for a local flight

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have been told that Tam airlines will only take a credit card that is from Ecuador. We are traveling to Vilcabamba this Christmas from the states and have found all the necessary flights but our flight from Quito to Loja is with Tam and they don’t accept American credit cards. Any suggestions.ps We were told you can book a flight to Loja thru American airlines. We checked and it was $1200 more for the two of us> Thanks

I’d suggest booking the flight through a local travel agent and then reimbursing them.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Danny, you can pay for it when you arrive at the airport in Quito, or at any TAM office anywhere in Ecuador, or yes, you can have a local travel agent book it for you. Julieta may be able to help you: julieta@nuevomundoexpeditions.com

We’ve bought tickets with Tame twice and had no problem using our Canadian credit card. We dealt directly with agents at the Tame office in both Quito and Guayaquil.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

I think the issue is that you can’t buy over the internet or by phone with a foreign card. But at a local office, no problem. At least this was the situation when I last did so — may change at any time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.