Personal Driver Wanted

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Personal Driver Wanted

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I need to get to Cuenca from Crucita on Mar. 1st. Do you recommend anyone that would make this run at a reasonable price? If necessary; I can get transport to either Manta or Portoveojo for the start of my journey, but would prefer pick-up in Crucita. I was considering the Manta Express from Manta (or Portoveijo) to Guayquil, and again the Manta Express from Guayquil to Cuenca. I’m getting conflicting reports that, that part of the journey is either defunct, or excessively expensive.
    I don’t want to fly Manta to Quito, to Cuenca. I would gladly fly, Manta to Cuenca, if it was possible.
    I am also looking for a driver from Cuenca to Playas on Mar. 6th.
    I only have email for contact. No cell phone. Hopefully, someone can give me a contact email.

I can’t help you with a driver from Crucita to Cuenca. Why don’t you use the bus system? It’s safe, comfortable, and inexpensive.

Thanks Edd. I may have to do that. I’ve been avoiding it because I have a large suitcase and 2 carry ons. Is it true that my luggage would be stored on the bus with an assigned tag that only permits the storer to retrieve it? Do you know if there is an express bus (minimum stops) from Portoveijo (Manta) to Cuenca. I’m guessing that I have to change at Guayquil. Where would I find bus schedules and routes?

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

I’d also suggest the bus or a taxi (which won’t be cheap) but which you can arrange once you are there.

Yes, your luggage underneath is safe and your carry-on’s can be stored under your seat or in the rack above. Looks like you would take Trans Crucita into Manta, then check schedules on http://www.ecuadorschedules.com for the rest of your journey.

Thanks Edd. I’ll probably take the bus from Guayquil to Cuenca but Manta express to Guayquil. I’m told that Manta Express only runs to Guayquil. Online shows runs between Guayquil and Cuenca, but the ME in Portoviejo says no. No habla Ingles there, so I not sure what was said. My Spanish is sadly limited.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Edward, try Google translate…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.