Personal Protection-countries firearms laws

Homepage Forums Costa Rica Insider Forum Personal Protection-countries firearms laws

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jason,
    Not to be a redneck, but can you advise all of us on the countries laws .Is it possible to bring a firearm with us from the State if so what are the costs and procedure. Thanks Dave Richmnod

JASON HOLLAND
    Participant

Hi David,

No worries. A lot of folks have this same question.

In Costa Rica only permanent residents and citizens are allowed to possess firearms. To become a permanent resident you have to be a temporary resident for at least three years. Temporary residency categories include pensionado, or retiree, residency, which requires $1000 per month in income per couple from Social Security or pension.

Once you’re a permanent resident you can apply for a permit, which requires you to go through a background check and take a psychological test. Then you can buy a firearm in the country or apply to import your own from home.

Jason,Thanks for the info .I will be sending you questions and checking other posts periodically.Trying to get there ASAP to check out the country.Only have 6 1/2 yrs. before retirement.Tired of being taxes to death and uncontrollable health costs .Watching my elderly parents and relatives getting blead to death after there generation built this nation.Your magazine is helping me making the best decision for my wide and I .Thanks and keep up the good work. sincerely Dave Richmond

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.