pharmacy medications

Homepage Forums Costa Rica Insider Forum pharmacy medications

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bruce Schacht
    Participant

My wife and I are planning on retiring to Costa Rica, eventually becoming residents. Part of the homework prior to making the move is about medical concerns. We know about the caja system, as well as private insurance options. My wife has some medical issues, and takes some necessary medications daily. Can anybody help us get connected with a knowledgeable pharmacy, to see if certain medications are available there?

Hoping to see responses by email, since it doesn’t look like this forum gets updated very often.

Thanks,
    Bruce & Mary in Oregon, USA

Kathleen Evans
    Participant

Hola Bruce & Mary,

Thanks for being subscribers and for reaching out with your question. This is Kathleen here, the CR correspondent. It sounds like you are doing some important research in advance. Well done!

Many prescriptions are available here in CR, but fall under a different Latin American name – or a generic. There is larger pharmacy chain here that not only has a website (many don’t), but they have a search bar. If you don’t find what you are looking for, you can contact them through their website.

This is a link to get you there:
    https://www.fischelenlinea.com/

Let me know if I can be of further assistance. And yes, the best way to contact me is via my IL email address: CostaRica@InternatinalLiving.com

Pura vida and happy planning!
    Kathleen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.