plane ticket dates/visa question

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum plane ticket dates/visa question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ANDREA LYMAN
    Participant

If we come to Ecuador on the 90-day tourist visa, wouldn’t immigration look to see if your return ticket was within that 90 days? Or do they assume that you might apply for an extension when you are in the country? If we plan to come on the 90-day and immediately apply for permanent residency (we’d have all of our correct, up-to-date and apostilled documents ready), we would probably NOT return within the 90 days, because I assume we’d receive it by then (is this unrealistic?). So my question is, how do I do this? Do I get a more expensive changeable ticket with a return date within the 90 days and then change it later when I do actually return? I know people must do this all the time, but I’ve never thought about it before now and we’re planning to do it soon so I’d like to get advice.

Also, where would find the contact info of an excellent tax attorney in the Cuenca area? I can also post this question on the Gringo Post, but thought you might already have a suggestions.

Thanks – again!

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

HI Andrea, I’ve never known immigration to look at flight reservations. Their only job is to look at your documents. It’s the airlines that get sticky about this. I’ve read lots of ways people have come up with to wiggle around this — I’ll see what I can find out some details. Meanwhile, you might want to go to this website: http://www.ecuadormovers.com and shoot an email to Maite Duran.

What kind of tax attorney are you looking for? Someone to help you with taxes in Ecuador or someone to help with taxes in the U.S. If the latter, you probably wouldn’t need that person to necessarily be in Ecuador. Let me know?

ANDREA LYMAN
    Participant

Susan,

Thanks! I was looking for an Ecuadorian tax lawyer – we plan to buy a farm and I want to know some info before we actually buy it, in terms of tax responsibilities and other related things. I already talked to my expert here in the US and of course, she knows about US tax law, but not Ecuadorian tax law.
    I will check out the link you provided. I am also interested in the details about moving a container there. I know a few of the parameters, but a highly recommended ‘door-to’door’ service is what I’m hoping for. As always, your feedback is a treasure!!

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Andrea, I’ll ask around about a tax attorney. For moving things, I’d suggest you contact Sandra Baquero at Sandy_Baquero@hotmail.com. She is a customs facilitator and has helped a lot of expats. If that email address doesn’t work, let me know? I seem to recall that she has a couple of email addresses and I’m not sure this is the best one.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Andrea, I asked Edd about a tax attorney in Cuenca and here is his response: “My friend Rodrigo Cordero is senior partner in the largest law firm in southern Ecuador. There’s probably someone on staff who can help. His email is rcordero@cmc.com.ec.”

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Dr. Rodrigo A. Cordero
    Cordero, Moreno & Corral Abogados
    Circunvalación Sur, sector subida a Turi
    Cuenca – Ecuador
    Tel. + 593 – 72881511

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.