Planning Your Scouting Trip

Homepage Forums Costa Rica Insider Forum Planning Your Scouting Trip

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Planning a scouting trip to Costa Rica? The prospect of planning a one-week, two-week, or months-long trip can be quite daunting, especially if you’re unfamiliar with the territory. That’s why we’ve put together some itineraries for travelers. You’ll get to visit the best places to live and retire in Costa Rica and have suggested places to stay and eat, as well as local real estate folks to help you if you’re house hunting.

You can check out the Costa Rica itineraries here, https://internationalliving.com/country_clubs/costa-rica/travel-itineraries/, or under the Travel Itineraries section on the Costa Rica Insider homepage.

And let me know if you have any further questions.

KEN WIEBE
    Participant

Hi Jason

We were also given the name of another company that also arranges 1 and wo week (get to know Costa Rica) tours. We noticed that they are not referenced in the travel Itineraries section on the Costa Rica homepage. Their name is “Anywhere Costa Rica” and when we emailed our intended arrival, they sent back an excellent itinarary of our one week exploration package should we choose them.

Do you know if they are a reputable company? Are there things we shoud be wary of?

Thanks for yout time

Ken Wiebe

Hi Ken,

I haven’t personally used Anywhere Costa Rica, so I can’t really comment on the quality of their tours.

But they do seem to have a good reputation online.

I would recommend just keeping receipts of everything to make sure you get what you paid for.

Jason

Does anybody know which coastal areas have any tennis clubs or active tennis players…
    Thanks,
    Tennisbum

Hi Jerry,

Most of the traditional tennis clubs in Costa Rica are located in San Jose and its suburbs, including the Cariari Country Club and San Jose Tennis Club. On the coast, you’ll find tennis courts at resorts, hotels, and residential communities on the northern Pacific and Central Pacific coasts, including Hacienda Pinilla on the Gold Coast or the Hilton on Papagayo. If you live in the area, you can usually make arrangements to play on those courts.

Jason

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.