Prescription Drug

Homepage Forums Belize Insider Forum Prescription Drug

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Harry White
    Participant

I take several life saving medications and I am also considering moving to Ambergris Caye permanently. My question is, Is it legal for me to bring my own prescription medications with me ? Thanking you in advance.

Harry,

You can definitely bring your prescriptions with you when you travel to Belize. We do so regularly. We are currently in the USA and bought both vitamins and prescriptions to bring with us when we return.

Having anything sent via the mail is much more problematic, mainly due to the high cost of duty.

Harry White
    Participant

Ann, could I use FED EX OR UPS to ship to Belize City, and then use a courier service to bring the package to San PEDRO ? Thanks.

FedEx ships directly to San Pedro, Ambergris Caye. We have a decent post office here. And there is a FedEx office at Tropic Air’s office. You don’t need a courier to ship from Belize City to San Pedro.That being said, I often order a prescription from Brodies, in Belize City, and have them send it on a Tropic Air flight to San Pedro. I have to pay the fee when I pick it up. But it costs only $3 for that type of courier package from Belize City if sent on Tropic Air. And you get it within a day.

You can also have things sent using the US Postal service directly to San Pedro, Ambergris Caye. The Belize Post office tracks US packages and works with the US Postal Service. It’s pretty actually surprisingly efficient, I’m pleased to say.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.