Question: In general is it cheaper to live on the coast in Ecuador, Belize or ??

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Question: In general is it cheaper to live on the coast in Ecuador, Belize or ??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MICHAEL R.

Hello All Expats

I looking to retire in Ecuador, Belize or Panama. I’m seeking information on cost of living in all 3 countries.
    I love the coastal areas, but I’m open to living inland. I have heard that Loja and Vilcabamba are very nice areas.
    I’m a single guy and I can afford about $1400 a month or less.

Thanks For Your Replies,
    Mike Ryan
    biz.expert@live.com
    San Diego, California

You can certainly live in Ecuador for $1400/month depending of course on your lifestyle. Have you checked in with the IL website? The country tabs have sub-categories showing cost of living and tons of other useful info.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Ecuador will cost less than Panama or Belize, for a variety of reasons. (Considerably less, in my opinion.) However, if you plan to travel back and forth a lot to the States, you’ll pay higher airfares to Ecuador… but it’s farther away.

MICHAEL R.

Hello Suzan and Edd

Thanks for the great information, you guys are a very valuable resource for information to non-expats making the move to Ecuador.
    Keep up the Good Work!!!

Sincerely,
    Mike Ryan
    biz.expert@live.com
    San Diego, California

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.