questions about Ecuador

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum questions about Ecuador

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DAVID BAUER

I have 2 questions (several more actually)

Ecuador accepts the US Dollar. When you open a bank account (not until I actually move there), do I get an ATM card??? Is that the same as an american card??? I use my current ATM card as a credit card, can I do that with what I get???

Also, I have several ethernet cables, RJ-45 I think. Does Ecuador have the same thing, or how do I hook up to the Internet???

DAVID BAUER

I just need the answers to these questions, more later

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

You’ll get a debit card with your Ecuador back account, yes, and you can use it as a debit card, but should you overdraw your account be aware that the fee penalties are far greater here. I’ve never opened a local account — chose to use Capital One in the US which does not charge any foreign ATM transaction fees. It works just great. I have no use for a local account, but of course, you may, if you need one for your visa prof of income.

Electricity and electronics in Ecuador are the same as in the U.S. And most places are WIFI enabled.

DAVID BAUER

Thank you, so much. I am definely planning to visit and maybe move to Ecuador (Excuse my typing, this is a new computer, I love it, but I’m just not used to the keyboard yet). Ecuador looks like a nice warm place, and if I can find the right tour, I will go on that one. I have a few more questions about banking, I’ll get to you later.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Check out http://www.ecuadorexpatjourneys.com/ — they do good work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.