QUITO TO MANTA

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum QUITO TO MANTA

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    IRVING WOLFE
    Participant

Hi Everyone
    I would like to travel by air to Manta from Quito in July of this year. It is a very short flight but does anyone have any thoughts or opinions regarding TAMA vs AEROGAL as the carrier of choice. Maybe there is another airlines as well on the Manta/Quito route.
    Irving

For a 30 minute flight it doesn’t matter.

IRVING WOLFE
    Participant

It is a very short flight. Just wondering which airline, if amy, seems to be better at adhering to their departure schedules.

I have no way to answer your question. Latin America isn’t as anal as the US about timeliness, but in three years I’ve never missed a connecting flight because of a late arrival.

I’ve taken both Tame and Aerogal — no problems with either.

Hi folks, I am in Otavalo and want to visit the coast for a few days then back to Otavalo, is there an easy, inexpensive way to do this that doesn’t involve an overnite bus ride both ways?

Terry, you can take a bus from Ibarra to Esmeraldas and then to Atacames/Tonsupa. That’s probably the quickest beach destination from Otavalo. Or you can go to Quito and then take a bus to Pedernales and on to Canoa or to Manta or Bahia or anywhere else along the coast. You needn’t go by overnight bus but will need to plan several hours for any of these excursions.

LAWRENCE SCHULTZ
    Participant

Terry, the others know much more than me about this but I am wondering if the best bet would be to take a taxi to the Quito airport and fly to Manta at which time you could rent a car and go south or north to a multitude of beach cities.

Lawrence is right. I think flying is the best route. And it’s not that expensive, especially if you buy your ticket directly from the airline or online and get a promotional far.

DAVID STONE
    Participant

We recently flew in and out of Quito, Manta, Cuenca and Guayaquil and all were on time! We used Tame mostly.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.