Ready to explore my future home country! Need some advice please!!

Homepage Forums Belize Insider Forum Ready to explore my future home country! Need some advice please!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Linda Beach

I just returned from Las Vegas & the IL Fast Track to Retirement event. It was great meeting Ann Kuffner and the rest of the IL correspondents. I am dying to start researching places to live and can visit starting Nov. 23, 2015 for a couple weeks. I need help building an itinerary and suggestions for places to stay. I’d like to keep it under $100 a night if possible and spend the majority of my time in Ambergris Caye & Plancencia but am open to other suggestions. I’d even be up for a room share if any others are looking to explore at the same time (or adjoining rooms if you are a guy). I have other questions (including who to dive with) but I’ll start with this one & be back as plans progress. Thanks in advance!!

Hi Linda,

Most of the info you are seeking is on the Belize Insider website. There are several suggested itineraries in the itinerary section. And if you peruse some of the sections you will find that I’ve put together a list of suggested hotels for each region, with price ranges. So you should be able to find a few hotels that will work for you. November is still low season, so hotel prices are lower. Hotel prices go up as of mid-December, so lock in your prices soon, before high season.

Once you read through the suggestions on this website, feel free to ask me about specific places that are listed. Also, Trip Advisor is a decent place to start looking for hotels, since there are many reviews for each hotel. Here, on Ambergris Caye, there is a broad array of hotels and resorts where you can stay. Since you are a first timer, I’d suggest that you stay fairly close to town. If you do that you can get around on foot most of the time and then just rent a golf cart for a day or two, to explore the island.

I haven’t been diving for a few years now, so don’t know which companies are now considered the best. But some dive publications do give rankings of dive operators. Also, there are many reviews on Trip Advisor, specific to the towns in Belize.

In the future, if you stay for over a month in one location, you will be able to pay less for a monthly rental. And a six month rental is even less.

TERRY G.

Hello Linda! I am also heading to Belize with the intention of finding a home. I fly into Belize city on November 25 with the intention of getting a rental vehicle and starting in Corozal, and heading south checking out all the potential places to live. I am also a Padi certified diver, but didn’t really plan on diving right away, as finding a home seemed to be more important!I thought that it would take about a week to make it all the way south, and then I would head north again and spend more time in the places I liked! I haven’t spent enough time on this forum, but will try to connect more often. You can contact me at tgeaber@yahoo.com Thanks, Terry

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.