Real Estate Appraisers

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Real Estate Appraisers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Rohall
    Participant

Our house at Coco Beach was badly damaged in the Earthquake. We have been trying to find a real estate Appraiser in Ecuador. We have no luck. Can you help with the quest? Tom Rohall

Tom, are you looking for someone to tell you what your house is worth currently or are you looking for someone to assess the damage and give you an estimate for repairs?

If you’re looking for an actual appraiser, I would start by contacting banks who give mortgages. Banco Pichincha or Banco Guayaquil would be good places to look. If appraisers actually exist here (and I’m not positive they do), the banks would use them before lending money for a mortgage and they would be able to refer you to someone.

If you want someone to check out the damage and structural integrity of the house, you’ll want to find a structural engineer. Any architect should be able to give you a referral there.

Thomas Rohall
    Participant

I already have a damage report, but for US tax requirements I need an appraisal of the home just before the quake and just after the quake. This is for a causality lost deductions for US tax purposes. I have a builder who will give me the cost to rebuild after the quake, but that is not quite enough. I just can’t find an expert who can give me those two values. Also as I understand it mortgages are pretty rare in Ecuador, so finding one bank that would have an appraiser available is probably not likely. Thanks for the inside however.

Nancy Downer

I found this item on Gringo Post. Maybe it will help in your quest for appraisals?

“I would like to recommend William Cavaco as facilitator/ real estate/ translator for any of your challenges with the Ecuadorian culture. For me he has been invaluable in negotiating the system in setting up a new business, for general assistance in just about everything and for communications with the Spanish language. He is very astute, responsible, on time and gets things done efficiently.”

Address: Centro

Contact information: williamcavaco@hotmail.com

Thomas Rohall
    Participant

Thanx. I will make contact today.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.