Recon trip in September

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Recon trip in September

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ray Lenahan
    Participant

Hello all,

My wife,Susan, and I are planning a two week visit to Ecuador in September. At this point our plan is to spend our time primarily between Cuenca and Salinas. Two questions we’d appreciate input on: first, do any of you have experience with JetBlue Airlines. They seem to have the least expensive flights, but don’t want to be penny wise and pound foolish. Any experience/thoughts regarding them? Other suggestions?

Second, we are leaning toward flying into Guayaquil then from there driving somehow to Cuenca then Salinas. Any suggestions regarding getting around between those areas. Best to rent a car, get around by bus or personal driver? Driving in an unfamiliar country with an unfamiliar language seems not the best choice.

We have received some good input from Jim Santos but wanted to throw this out to the forum too for additional advice.

Thanks,
    Ray

Hi Ray – one other resource for you here. If you decide to use the bus system, here’s a link to the Guayaquil Terminal Terreste. You can get times and rates for buses to Salinas, Cuenca and others. Let me know if you want the contact info for some coastal area drivers.

Ray Lenahan
    Participant

Hi Jim,

That driver contact information would be great.

Thanks,
    Ray

Here are four that other expats have found helpful. Be sure to negotiate rates and itineraries in advance. Keep in mind it is customary in Ecuador to pay for the driver’s meals as well.

Victor Colorado: Speaks good English and some Spanish Has a car with plenty of room for baggage
    viktortch@yahoo.com

Ricardo Tamayo: Speaks fluent English and Spanish
    rick_tamayo@hotmail.com

Alla Marks, has local drivers all over the area:
    viaje4u@gmail.com

Angela de Souza, contact on Facebook at http://facebook.com/angelaferreiradesouza

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.