Relocation tours of Panama

Homepage Forums Panama Insider Relocation tours of Panama

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have been interested in touring Panama to decide if I want to live there and, if so, where I’d like to live. Several companies offer tours specifically for those thinking about relocating including Jackie Lange’s Panama Relocation Tour company and Local Travel Excursions where Karen Walter has recently taken over the Panama relocation tours. (As you can tell, I have spent a fair amount of time looking into these companies.) I understand there are other companies offering these tours as well although I don’t know what they are. I would prefer to have experts handle such a tour for us rather than our having to deal with travel arrangements, luggage, driving a car, etc. In any case, I wonder if others have taken such tours and what they thought of them. Both of the companies I mentioned also offer short relocation “conferences” as well. Local Travel Excursions is less expensive and seem to offer more flexibility; Lange, originally from Texas, has actually lived in Panama for a number of years now. So, I haven’t decided which company to use. I would like to go on such a tour in the next 6 months or so. Any one have experience with such tours?

Dear Kathleen,

I have not had any experience with either of these companies, nor do I know the women running them, but perhaps you can find reviews of their services on the TripAdvisor website. Often tours are listed there and perhaps it will help you to read reviews written by their former customers. Also note that while IL does not offer tours, it will host a Panama seminar in 2015 (date TBA very soon, probably early April 2015). The presentations and/or exhibitors will cover the important aspects of life here (regions with expat communities, healthcare, immigration, moving your pet, buying property, etc etc) and many attendees will set out to explore after the seminar. We generally have tourism/transportation companies and real estate companies (that offer real estate tours) among our exhibitors.

I hope some of this info helps. Don’t hesitate to post again with any further questions.

Best,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.