RENT BEFORE MOVING

Homepage Forums Costa Rica Insider Forum RENT BEFORE MOVING

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I would like to be able to stay in Costa Rica for 5-6 months a year.I was in Buenos Aries in 2010 with Habitat for Humanity for a build. After the build we stayed at Manuel Antonios. I would like to be in Quepos  I love the water and the forrest.I thinka rental would be best for the first year or two. I would need a one bed,one bath,kitchen, and a small living space. It would have to be furnished and within walking distance or a short bike ride to amenities.
    Can this be done on a simple budget?
    would the government alow this length of time and what documents would I need ?
    how would I find a rental ?
    should I start looking/booking now?
    how would I find a reputable source to work with?

Hi Wende,

You can certainly find affordable one bedroom cottages, condos, or apartments for rent. Start your search on real estate sites in the areas. They usually feature long term rentals. You can also contact the real estate office directly about renting a vacation rental or home for sale – they might be willing to deal and give you a good monthly rate if you commit to six months to a year lease. Finding a reputable agent is all about due diligence – check out what’s being said about them online and once you’re on the ground, ask around.

A tourist visa is only good for 90 days. So to stay 5 to 6 months at a time, you would need to leave the country and re-enter. Most expats in that situation take short trips to Nicaragua or Panama. Some fly back to the States for a visit. Because you plan to be more of a part time resident at this point, seeking residency probably is not a viable option yet.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.