rental cars

Homepage Forums Panama Insider rental cars

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JOHN COWDEN

I had planned to rent a car in the airport (PTY) and drive up the coast to David and Boquete to check out the area for moving to Panama; however, when I checked with the car rental agencies, in fine print I found that because I am over 80, they won’t rent a car to me.  Also, the agencies require a license with more than a year left on the expiration date.  That leaves me in a situation with no wheels.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get around this problem?  I have seen rentals that also included a car, but the certainly limits what one can view and obtain.  In Costa Rica, there are many drivers with vans that take people here and there for a price of course, so maybe the same exists in Panama.  Any assistance in this matter will be appreciated,

KAREN GORDON

Hi John…

I don’t know if the rental car rules are different in David, but have you thought about flying into David and renting a car there? I went from PTY to David and Boquete in April, and it is not a scenic ride. I wouldn’t do it again unless lack of dollars were driving me to do so. If you can rent a car in David, you can avoid the tedious drive too. Fly Air Panama instead. I did and was so glad to not have to drive that road again. If you do this, you will have to get from the international terminal (PTY) to the Albrook airport (PAC) to take a domestic flight to David.

Good luck….

Karen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.