rentals

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi Jason,

We’re planning on a trip to CR in Dec. to check out the prospect of retiring there. I’ve checked out several sites looking for a rental unit for 5 people and I’m finding they’re all quite expensive, like $450 a week and up. we’re looking around San Jose, Atenas, Grecia and anything else in that area. Reading all the many reports on how inexpensive it is to live there, I would think that we would be able to find a rental for much less. Can you recommend any rentals, people with rentals or a good internet site to find reasonably priced rentals. Or maybe some expat blogs or online groups that could be off some help? Thank you.

JASON HOLLAND
    Participant

Hi Linda,

Unfortunately, vacation rentals/short-term rentalsĀ are about that price. But if you figure how much hotel rooms would cost for a week for five people and the convenience of having a kitchen, etc. it works out to be a pretty good deal. Plus, you get to be in a real community not insulated in a hotel.

Long-term rentals are much cheaper. You can find homes for more like $500 a month. But that requires a commitment of several months to the owner.

I would suggest checking out Craigslist Costa Rica. You might find an individual owner willing to deal on a month-long rental. Of course, buyer beware just in the U.S. and make sure the rental is legit before money changes hands.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.