Renting a condo in Salinas

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Renting a condo in Salinas

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    JIM PALANGO

Looking at renting a condo for the month of February 2014. Would Pathfinders be the best contact to find a place?

Thanks Jim Palango

Yes.

Email Amy Pinoargote (apinoargote13@yahoo.com) of Spondylus Real Estate in Salinas. Mike Sager (redwulf3@juno.com) may also be able to help you.

IRVING WOLFE
    Participant

I contacted Amy Pinoargote regarding property in Salinas for personal use and as a rental income producing property, if she had any. I told her I have a home in Cotacachi which I am currently renting and that my wife and I would be in Cotacachi in June. I also asked her about suggestions on how to get to Salinas from Cotacachi as we have never yet been to the coast. She basically told me when I get to Salinas in June to get in touch with her. I don’t think she was all that helpful or interested.

Your time frame is too far out for her to have any idea regarding availability. I’d suggest checking back closer to the time of your arrival.

JIM PALANGO

Thanks everyone for your info. In Florida you have to book 1 or 2 years in advance. I guess that is not true in Ecuador.

Irving, I’m sorry Amy wasn’t more helpful. Maybe she didn’t understand what you were asking. Aslo, keep in mind that there are so many people interested in all things Ecuador these days that lots of inquiries are made by people who don’t have a serious interest but are just “kicking the tires.”

The easiest way — in my personal opinion — to get to Salinas from Cotacachi is to fly from Quito to Guayaquil. From Guayaquil you can take a bus, taxi, rent a car or hire a private driver to take you to Salinas. You can drive from Cotacachi, of course, but I am guessing that drive will take you a good 10 hours. (In the itineraries section of this website — under the TRAVEL link — you’ll find a driver over there.

Jim, you may or may not be able to book that far in advance. If you’re willing to make a deposit and/or pay in advance, just tell Amy that. February is Carnaval and the beaches will all be crowded, so you’re probably wise to think ahead. You might also want to take a look at websites like vrbo.com, viviun.com, homeaway.com and flipkey.com (The first two will likely have vacation rental properties in Salinas while the others may or may not.) And understand that a short-term vacation rental will cost more.

Does anyone know the location of any luthiers who make ukuleles in Ecuador?  There apparently is one in the south, but I have not been able to find out a name or location.

I know they make guitars in San Bartolome, outside of  Cuenca.  Does anyone know of any other Village where guitars are made?  We will be in the Cuenca area next week, and will be visiting San Bartolome  and some other villages.

Thank you,

Colleen

Oops, sorry I posted the above post about music in the wrong spot…obviously I’m just learning.

sorry,

Colleen

IRVING WOLFE
    Participant

Hi Ed and Suzan

Thank you both, as always ,for your insights.

Irving

LAWRENCE SCHULTZ
    Participant

I had a good experience renting a condo in the Phoenix building which is one block off the ocean.  David Smith owned the complex and he was very helpful not only in renting one of the units in his building but in helping with questions about Salinas.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.