Renting in Corozal sgl person

Homepage Forums Belize Insider Forum Renting in Corozal sgl person

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    WILLIAM M.

I will be in Corozal in mid-Feb. I need some information on how to meet ex-pats, who can give me tips on renting in Corozal for 3-6 months. I retired with no partner but would like to offer some time to do volunteer work. I’ve read about the Rotary Clubs.
    Thanks,
    Bill

Bill,

Here is the link to the Rotary Club chapters of Belize. It includes the contact info for the Corozal Rotary Club. As a Rotarian, you know that each Club meets regularly so you can easily join the regular meetings once you move to Corozal. Here is the link: http://www.rotarybelize.org/dynamicdata/link.php. It’s a great way to get connected and meet expats -through the Rotary Club – since the members are typically in business or quite connected in the community. And they also do volunteer work. When I go to a new area of Belize to do research, I try to attend a local Rotary Club meeting, since it allows me to meet people who are involved in the community.

A popular hangout in Corozal is Jam Rock, an inexpensive cafĂ© on the bay. Head over there for lunch and you’ll meet many expats. Corozal has an involved expat community, so you will quickly find friends who are willing to give you advice, if you make the effort and are willing to listen to what seasoned expats have to say. These days there are plenty of single, widowed or divorced expats over 60 living in Belize, so you most likely will find some buddies in your age category to hang out with.

Also check the Rolodex on this website, as it lists contacts and forums in Corozal. You will find a lot of info on this website, and the general IL website, for Corozal. So be sure to use both to get educated and connected. You can also contact the realtors on the Rolodex, in Corozal, about rental properties, and check out their websites. Some list rental properties on line. But you’ll hear about the best deals from other expats. Many great deals get passed from one friend to another and are not advertised.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.