Riobamba

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MAC BENEDICT
    Participant

Hi everyone,

We visited Ecuador 3 months ago. This was supposed to be our recce trip before deciding if we liked the country enough to consider it as our retirement destination. To cut the long story short – Ecuador delivered on every front. We love it! One of the (not so many) places we visited and liked, was Riobamba. Here comes our question:
    This charming town does not appear almost anywhere on forums/talks dedicated to expats living in Ecuador. Why is that so? Is there anything we’re not aware of?
    Is there anyone on this forum who lives in/around Riobamba?

Mac

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Hi Mac, I am so glad you enjoyed Ecuador. No, I don’t know any expats… on this forum or any other that I monitor… that live in Riobamba. But if you like it, that shouldn’t stop you. Just know that it could get a bit lonely without any fellow English speakers to interact with and to use as resources about how to get things done. That’s one of the benefits of living in a place with a sizable community of expats. That doesn’t mean you can’t be the pioneers. I think one of the drawbacks of Riobamba is that it’s a bit far from the high-tech health care services offered in the larger cities (you can’t fly there and the drive time is longer than most are comfortable with).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.