SAFTY

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JAE RELLING

MY HUSBAND CAN’T MAKE IT TO HUNT FOR PROPERTY WITH ME. IS IT SAFE TO COME ALONE?

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Yes, Jae, there are lots of single women traveling and living in Ecuador. But please make arrangements ahead of time and let someone know where you’ll be going and where you’ll be staying. Just makes sense anywhere you travel. Along those lines, in the big cities, please don’t wear expensive jewelry or walk around with an expensive camera out in the open. I’m guessing you won’t be taking the cross-country buses, but if you do, it is a good idea not to put your purse or backpack with valuables beneath your seat or in the overhead rack. Keep it on your lap. And if you happen to go to any large market (like Otavalo on Saturday) or anywhere there are crowds of people, always keep your bag closed and wear it in front and not one your back. less temptation for any possible pickpockets. Personally, I’ve never had an incident in 12 years and I doubt you will either, but know your surroundings and keep track of your stuff when you are out and about. Like I said, that’s good advice anywhere in the world.

JAE RELLING

I READ THIS MORNING THAT THE
    NATIONAL SOCIAL SECURITY SYSTEM ASSISTS FIRST TIME BUYERS IN ECUADOR. CAN YOU GIVE ME ANY MORE INFO ON THIS? IF NOT, DO YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND IT. THANKS JAE

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

What National Security System? Ecuador’s? This is news to me — please send me the link where you read that and I’ll check it out.

LIANE CHAPMAN
    Participant

Hey Jae! Just a hint..since I prefer the “no worries” appro
    ach to travel, I never carry anything of significant value on the outside of my person. Most money, credit cards, and passport I carry in a money wallet under my clothing. I carry a beltpack on the outside with a nominal amount of cash, which will not grieve me if it “disappears”. I do this in US cities as well…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.