Salinas Recon Trip

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Salinas Recon Trip

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JON CERNECK
    Participant

Help… My wife and I plan to move to Ecuador. She lived there for 6 mos. about 4 years ago. We are planning 11 day recon visit in May, and hope to move within next 6 mos. We would greatly appreciate suggestions regarding the following:

For our brief 11 day visit in May, are there any Hotel recommendations on the Salinas Malecon (up to $150/night)?

Can anyone recommend a good Immigration Attorney in the Salinas area?

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Hi Jon, I am sure our International Living Salinas correspondent, Jim Santos, can answer those questions for you. And I’m sure he’ll be here soon to do that. If not, you can email him at Salinas [at] internationalliving [dot] com

Hi Jon. There are several good hotels and hostals along the malecon. Big Ralph’s is at the very end, just before you enter the malecon. There is Coco’s, Hotel Blue Bay, and the Hotel Francisco to name a few. Further down in Chipipe is the Hotel Amira. They range from $15-40 per person per night. At the upper end of the scale, the Hotel Barcelo Colon Miramar is a little pricey, but May is in our “off season” so bargains may be available. In addition, since it is off-season, there may be one or two bedroom condominiums available on the malecon for your stay.

As to Immigration, we worked with Sebastian Cordero of Quito. He speaks English fluently, and was extremely helpful to us. He does come to Salinas often, but I can make inquiries for a local atty if you like.

Happy to help with any details or additional information, feel free to email me at salinas@internationalliving.com if that is easier.

JON CERNECK
    Participant

Thanks to you both. Jim, I will try to reach Sebastian Cordero next week and will probably email you with a few more questions. Thanks, again

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.