Searching for someone to Skype about retirement in Panama

Homepage Forums Panama Insider Searching for someone to Skype about retirement in Panama

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I am the organizer for a Meet-up Group of about 120 people in Raleigh, NC, called “Retiring Abroad.” I am trying to get individuals who have retired to different countries to speak with us about their experiences—cost of living, health care, crime, language difficulties, etc. A couple of months ago about 30 of us met and did a Skype call with a man who had retired to Mexico which everyone found very helpful. Panama is a country many people are interested in. I’d like to find someone who has retired to Panama (or two people maybe?) who is willing to do a Skype call with us—-assuming Skype works well from their location. We want to hear both the good and the bad so people can make informed decisions. The person wouldn’t necessarily have to be retired but members of out group do have questions about things like medical insurance for those over 60 and any other issues which might affect older individuals—though some of our members are only in their 40’s. Any takers?

Hi Kathleen,

Chiriqui Correspondent Linda Card and I are available to answer questions from you and other Panama Insider members. (Please search and add to existing threads; only create new threads for new topics.) If you are looking to converse with expats in Panama, you may want to take a look at the Moving to Panama section of this website, there are some expats (bloggers and more) listed there. In my experience expats in Panama are often happy to volunteer a bit of their time and answer questions. Do a bit of networking (more at https://internationalliving.com/country_clubs/panama/moving-to-panama/#expat) and I’m sure you’ll get some takers.

Thanks,

Jessica
    IL Panama Editor Jessica Ramesch

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.