Sheets & spices

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Sheets & spices

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Moving in Oct. & wondering if deep pocket queen sheets fit a queen bed? Or do I need to buy king?

What spices are difficult to buy in Cotacachi? No problem bringing into country?
    Many thanks.

I’m not sure about the sheets as I’ve never brought any down from the states, hopefully someone else will be able to help you with that.

As for spices in Cotacachi I notice that blends are tough to find. Things like Old Bay or Pumpkin Pie spice. Most of these can be made yourself from what’s available if you know what spices to use and what the proportions are. I also have a tough time finding chili powder. They do have a powder made from aji (a local pepper), but the flavor is different than what we’re used to back home. Most of the basics are readily available though: Cinnamon, ginger, basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, turmeric, cumin, etc.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

I’ve bought some queens that fit (in the US) and some that haven’t. And you can, of course, buy sheets in Ecuador. The last time I bought sheets in the US for my Ecuador queen bed I bought the California King sheets and they’re a bit big but work great.

Spices are getting easier and easier to get here in Cotacachi so it’s hard to say what might be difficult to find… but you’ll have problems with the more exotic stuff like garam masala and cardamom. Yes you can bring them in your checked luggage, no problem.

Bring chili powder and sage for sure. And, as Wendy said, any special blends like the various Montreal steak seasonings.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.