Shipping household goods to Ecuador

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Shipping household goods to Ecuador

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

My wife and I are strongly considering a move to Ecuador. If we choose to ship our household goods by container, is it best to initiate the process here in Canada or should we contact a shipping agent in Ecuador to make the arrangements? My guess is that the Ecuadorian agent would be more aware of the requirements. Any guidance in this area would be appreciated.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Contact Sandra Baquero, she is a customs facilitator and can offer some suggestions: Sandy_Baquero@hotmail.com

ANGELA COOK
    Participant

Scott, most (all?) international shippers have contingents/agents in BOTH countries.  I am shipping from Mexico to Ecuador and I have a Mexican company because they are close, have a warehouse here for storage, and can smoothly get me out of Mexico with their export requirements–of which there are many!  They have an agent company in Guyaquil that they work with constantly and seamlessly.  The quote is all in one and the buck stops in one place.  I like that.  I called Sandra Baquero and she did not have a partner in Mexico; she referred me to 2 or 3 companies here that I could deal with for HALF my process.  That doesn’t work for me.  Check her out for Canada if you like, but after my own research and talking to other recently-shipped expats, I believe your best bet is to find a Canadian company with an Ecuador agent.

There was just a huge convention in Quito last month for international shippers from everywhere; over 300 attendees.  My shipper from Mexico was there and traveled to Guyaquil to see the port and Aduana operations as well as receiving the latest regulations for importing to EC.  They are many!  In your search, be sure to question when their last shipment was to Ecuador and if they have a “real” agent there, or just a service broker with a telephone.  Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.