Simple stuff you can't get in Ecuador

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Simple stuff you can't get in Ecuador

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I was watching a video the other day on living in Cuenca. In a section about things not liked one guy said he couldn’t get a decent space heater, the best he could get was a  real old-style, twisted wire type with no blower for $40.00.

That got me thinking. What are some of the simple things you wish you had brought with you; things that would make life much more pleasant in the non-gringo-creature-comfort environment of Ecuador?

I’m not sure where I heard this, but real good quality Egyptian Cotton bedsheets — soft and comfy — are supposedly hard to come by as well.

What are some things you miss?

There are many varieties of space heaters here so don’t worry about that. It’s true that high quality sheets are hard to come by though. We shipped everything here in a 40′ container so we haven’t had to rebuild our world like folks who come with suitcases. But top quality items of all kinds are much more expensive because of import taxes, so clothing, walking shoes, and electronics are often brought in. On our trips back to the States we always get personal care products and food items to bring back  like Dijon mustard, horseradish, and special herbs and spices that aren’t on the shelves in Ecuador.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.