Single wanting Short-Term Rental (1-2months)

Homepage Forums Panama Insider Single wanting Short-Term Rental (1-2months)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I am a single widow interested in becoming a resident (at least part-time) of Panama, and am interested in the Boquete area as opposed to Panama city. I am considerably older than most solitary travelers (81), but in pretty good health. I have one health issue, but it’s more of an annoyance than any big deal, though I know it will become more of a problem as the years go by. I shall of course be prepared to return to the U.S. if my health deteriorates badly, though I’m hoping that is several years down the pike. I do not require medical services on a regular basis (I see my doctor once a year). I also plan to rent rather than buy until I am sure that my plan is a practical one for my circumstances.
    I am tentatively planning on going to Panama for a month or so next fall – want to be there in the rainy season to see how I like it then. Can anyone direct me to whom and where I should try to find a residential rental agency that they know through personal experience, or reputation that is reliable and honest, and will work with me on a short-term rental. I don’t want to end up renting something unlivable. Thanks in advance…………. Clairee Meeks

Dear Clairee,

Thanks for your post. Yes, it’s always a good idea to rent first, to be sure the area is right for you.

I would recommend contacting Pathfinder International Real Estate for a referral/contact information.

• Pathfinder International Real Estate; e-mail: info@pathfinderinternational.net; website:www.pathfinderinternational.net.

Hope it all goes great.

If you have any other questions feel free to post in new threads or email.

Thank you,

Jessica

Hi Clairee- since you mention Boquete, I’ll add a bit. I live in David, Chiriquí and may be able to direct you to a useful resource.

It is smart to rent for a time when you come here, however, there is no “residential rental agency” to speak of in Chiriquí. One resource you may want to check is here: http://boquete.ning.com/group/rental
    This group is specifically for rentals so it may give you an idea what is available, average costs, what is included, etc. You may even sign up and post a request for what you need. There is a wealth of information about Boquete and Chiriquí at this site.

Boquete is a very popular expat destination, and there are many single women living happily in the area. There is an informal ladies’ group called Blue Sky that meets regularly to welcome newcomers (I have never attended).

Have fun planning your trip and best of luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.