Six month window for shipping personal belongings

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Six month window for shipping personal belongings

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I’m hoping someone can supply me with a clear, concise answer. We have applied for the Pension 9-1 residency, our documents were accepted on February 13th/2014 so we are awaiting for the official Visa at the moment. We arrived in Ecuador on October 8th/2013 with a 180 day Tourist Visa. In order to leave Ecuador to go to Canada to pack our container that is being arranged from here, do we need to leave before April 6th when our 180 day visa expires or if we receive our residency before April 8th can we leave after that (say in May) to arrive back starting a new date for our six month time frame to get our belongings into Ecuador. We had different answers from different people, so maybe someone has experience with this issue?

Wow, your question is like one of those dreaded word problems back in math class, Danica. I’m pretty sure the six month window starts on the date your visa is approved. Does that help?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.