Storage Units in Quito

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Storage Units in Quito

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    DAVID RUMSEY

Suzan,

Are there storage units in Quito similar to those we have here in the U.S.? I’m thinking it might be convenient to store some household goods in such a place while searching for a permanent residence.

David Rumsey

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Hi David, not that I know of — but let me ask around and see what I can find out…

DAVID RUMSEY

Thanks, Suzan.

KEVIN IMUS
    Participant

hello, i am new to the site. i am getting a tefl teaching certificate to teach english. i am thinking of teaching in cuenca. where do you think the best cites are to make enough money to live on ? i hope to have everything in order, so i can be in ecuador this spring. i have 2 dogs , how much is it going to cost to get them to ecuador?

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

David, our contacts in Quito are working on getting this information about storage facilities for you. It looks there are some large warehouse type places in Calderon, north of Quito, but they’re huge and costly — like $130 a month. So let us see if we can find something better. If you do not have an immediate need, Sarah Dettman says you can email her and she’ll see if she can help: s.dettman@yahoo.com.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Kevin, you’ll find more opportunity for work in Quito or Guayaquil — that’s where the bilingual international schools are located. You might start with the list here: http://www.alloexpat.com/ecuador_expat_forum/international-schools-in-ecuador-ecuador-school-guide-t3008.html

I’ll let Edd weigh in on opportunities in Cuenca. As for dogs, if they’re large they’ll need to come as cargo (luggage) on your flight — call or check out the airline website for details. And you’ll need to make sure they have their documents in order — look for info about that elsewhere in the Ecuador Insider website — let me know if you can’t find it?

Kevin, I know of no one here in Cuenca making enough money teaching English to support full-time residency. Most teaching opportunities are for volunteers or pay just a few dollars per hour.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Edd’s right — the best-paid English-teaching gigs are in Asia (China, Korea and Japan) and the Middle East. Your TEFL school should have the details.

DAVID RUMSEY

Thanks, Suzan. I am going to email Sarah Dettman today.

David

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Dave, how much stuff will you be leaving and for how long? You can leave a suitcase or two at your hotel….

DAVID RUMSEY

Suzan,

About 3,000 books. About that many cd’s. And wallfulls of framed paintings and prints. I’ve emailed Sarah and she thinks she can help. Thanks so much for the reference and introduction.

David

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

You are welcome – Sarah is a great resource.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.