Suggestions for apartment renals in June in Cuenca

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Suggestions for apartment renals in June in Cuenca

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    LAURA MCNEIL

I was downsized by my company which has turned into a blessing because I now have time for an extended visit Cuenca! We are visiting Cuenca in June and would like to rent an apartment/condo for the entire month. Due to it being a popular month I am having a hard time finding a place to rent that is under $800.00 and would appreciate any suggestions. I have been to vrbo.com, but they are all booked for June. I also went to airbnb and there are a few available there but the owners are either not responding to my emails or they are less than desirable apartments due to excessive noise or the location – according to previous visitors comments. I may end up having to put up with dogs barking all night and loud parties but I am hoping not. 🙂

Thanks for any suggestions.

Laura

Edd may have some better suggestions, but have you tried www.hotelotorongo.com/?

You might also try AirBnB. Here is one: http://www.airbnb.es/rooms/641683

For email on that, email Juan at casasama@cablemodem.com.ec
    This is a great location in El Centro. 

Laura, you’re gonna put up with barking dogs & car alarms pretty much anywhere you go in Cuenca. I’m not a fan of Hotel Otorongo. It’s not centrally located and the apartments are really spartan. I’ll check with a couple of friends and see if I can find something for you. Is it you & someone else coming?

LAURA MCNEIL

Hi Edd,

Yes it will be me and my boyfriend coming. Thanks for the heads up, we will bring ear plugs. 🙂 Thanks for the help!

Laura

Laura, great news! My friend & business partner Juan Heredia luckily has one of his studio apartments available for the whole month of June. We stayed in one of them ourselves the first month we were in Cuenca. The location is ideal and everything is included except your food.

Even better news–it’s only $400/month. I recommend you email him ASAP:  juan@terradiversa.com. He’ll send you back an information packet with photos and details.

LAURA MCNEIL

Edd,

Thanks! I just emailed Juan, can’t wait to get the information on his place.

Laura

You are most welcome.

LAWRENCE SCHULTZ
    Participant

Laura,

You might want to try cuencarealestate.com.   They have an extensive listing of living quarters for rent or purchase.

Larry

LAURA MCNEIL

Thanks Larry. I will email them since I can’t tell from the website what ones they would be willing to rent for one month but they do seem to have a lot.

To Edd and Larry is their a part of the city/neighborhood that is better to stay in than others? I’ve seen them advertised as being close to the river, or El Centro or Parque Calderon.

Thanks,

Laura

Cuenca Real Estate doesn’t  do short-term rentals as far as I know. Juan’s place is right on Calle Larga overlooking the Tomebamba River in El Centro, a 5 minute walk from Parque Calderon.

LAURA MCNEIL

Thanks Edd, waiting to hear from Juan. Hoping for a queen bed because I forgot to mention that is a requirement so Lee’s feet aren’t hanging out the end of the bed. 🙂

Laura

The efficiency does have a queen bed. Juan told me he sent you the info last night??

LAURA MCNEIL

Hmm, I checked my spam folder and have been checking my in box and I don’t have any emails from the email address you gave me or any related to apartment, ecuador etc. I can’t imagine it would get blocked but I will send him a different address to try just in case.

Thanks,

Laura

Email me at cuenca@internationalliving.com and I’ll send it to you myself.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.