suggestions-hotels near Quito airpport

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum suggestions-hotels near Quito airpport

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

We will be landing in Quito on Oct. 30th, stay overnight and pick-up a car at the airport the next day to go on to Pacific Coast AND the reverse on November 27th. Any suggestions n a nearby hotel to reserve ahead. Preferably with airport shuttle. Thanks

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

I always stay at a hostal called Hotel El Andino — the owners, Miguel and Paola, are super nice people They can send a drive to pick you up. It’s not “near” the airport but it’s not too far –You can email Miguel at HOTEL ANDINO Miguel Perez at migueangelperez@hotmail.com. It’s not a fancy place and costs maybe $35 a night, which includes your breakfast.

There is also a hotel right across for the airport, that looks fine — I have never stayed there, but have always thought it would be a good option. I’ll see if I can find the name of that one for you.

Hi Suzan, I will be in Quito in December, is there a hotel actually in the airport, that would not require a shuttle. I speak no Spanish and may have problems getting around. Or what do you suggest?

Thomas, Hotel Andino — or any hotel — will send someone to pick you up (for a fee and I can’t remember what that is…maybe $10. Or you can purchase a taxi ticket at the window inside the airport for about $7. You will need to have the address of the hotel with you as not all taxi drivers know the address of every hotel. There is a hotel right across the street from the airport and I believe it may be called Hotel Aeropuerto — but I am not sure. I will try to look tomorrow when I fly in. The hotel looks fine — nothing fancy. You might try googling it. (This is Suzan, by the way — not sure why the forum software is identifying me as Edd. I could do a lot of mischief with that…)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.