Supplements in Carry-On Luggage

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Supplements in Carry-On Luggage

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    LILIE HAIL
    Participant

On domestic flights in the US, I generally pack whatever supplements, herbs, etc. I’m taking at the time in plastic sandwich bags in a carry-on bag. Is this practice okay when flying into Ecuador, or is there some other way I need to package these things? I read somewhere that an unopened bottle or package is required.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

I don’t think you will have a problem, but for sure you won’t have a problem if you bring them in original containers. Unless you are coming for just a short time, why would you put them in plastic bags? If it’s to save space, you might buy the herbs in plastic bags. And/or you could try putting the label in the bags with the product. If it were me, I’d bring them in original packaging.

LILIE HAIL
    Participant

Sorry Suzan, I wasn’t very clear when I asked my question. What I meant was primarily supplements in capsules. To save room in my bag, I usually bring only what I will need for my trip – that’s the reason for the plastic bags. I’ll probably also need to bring a powdered protein/vitamin supplement, and I’d rather not have to bring the entire 1-lb. tub, but I will if necessary. I’m being treated for some health issues, and it would be less than great if I had to go for two weeks without these things.

I wouldn’t be concerned about loose capsules in a bag, but your protein powder might be mistaken for illegal drugs so I don’t recommend setting yourself up for that potential hassle.

LILIE HAIL
    Participant

Thanks, Edd – having Customs misinterpret the protein powder in a baggie is definitely a concern – I’ll see if I there’s an alternative!

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Put the protein powder in a smaller bottle. I don’t think you’ll have any problems. I often bring boxes or cans of baking soda… and no problems there.

LILIE HAIL
    Participant

Thanks for your input, Suzan!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.