Susan & Dan

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Susan & Dan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ROBERT GORCZYCA
    Participant

Hi – Is my impression correct that Susan Haskins and Dan Prescher have left Cotacachi and returned to Mexico? If so, curious as to why? Thanks.

Suzan Haskins
    Participant

Hi Robert, this is Suzan writing. Yes, that’s true — and we miss Ecuador every day. Right now, we’re living at the Lake Chapala area, although I would not say we’ve put down permanent roots there. (We are in Quito now as I write and longing to be back in Ecuador.)

Here’s the story: About three years ago we welcomed our first grandchild. Her parents are older so it is likely she will be our only grandchild. As you might imagine, we are in love with her and we want to be an integral part of her life. We were finding that too difficult to do from Ecuador. From the airport at Guadalajara where we are now, we can be in Phoenix where our kids live in just 2 1/2 hours…and a roundtrip flight can be had for about $200 to $250. So that’s why we are where we are… And things may change for us, as we never seem to stay in one place for long. However, if we didn’t have this precious grandbaby I’d guess we’d still be in Cotacachi — it ticks all our boxes and is the favorite place we have ever lived.

Thanks for asking, Suzan

ROBERT GORCZYCA
    Participant

Susan – I totally get it. They grow up SO fast. I know you were totally invested in Cotacachi, so simply was surprised when I learned you might have left. Given your many moves,it speaks volumes to still characterize Cotacachi as the most “favorite place we have ever lived”. Prayers for a happy adjustment. I felt a bit uncomfortable with my post — it really was none of my business. But I have followed you guys for so long — circa 2004, curiosity just got the best of me. Thanks much for responding.

Best, Rob

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.