Swapping Homes in Ecuador

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Swapping Homes in Ecuador

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JOEL REGNERY

My wife and I will be moving to the Salinas area in August and will be looking to buy a home eventually. But I would like to visit other areas in Ecuador and was wondering if there were any expat sites that offered house swapping in cities like Cuenca, Cotacachi, or Quito? Thought this would be interesting to do when we do eventually own a home.

Facebook will probably be your best opportunity for something like this. There are some very active Ecuador expats there… and more than a few wanna-bes who will give you bad information, so tread carefully. But…there are pages for various cities (i.e. Cotcachi expats) and one for coastal expats, called Ruta del Sol. There are also some Ecuador Expat Swap pages now, too — more like online flea markets than anything, but these would all probably be good places to post once you get yourself established.

If and when our schedules coincide, I’d be interested in this myself.., so please keep in touch.

By the way, some of the posters on some of these Facebook sites as well as on other forums out there are… eccentric. And some are very critical and love to tear into others. Not sure why that is, but do be aware that you have to be careful of some of the egos….

Suzan,  and here I thought I was just being overly sensitive ,,,

JOEL REGNERY

Thanks Suzan, I will heed your advice and stay in touch.

I couldn’t think of a more descriptive word to use in polite company than “eccentric”… 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.