take a visit trip

Homepage Forums Costa Rica Insider Forum take a visit trip

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    RON BREEDING

want to find a small group to visit and look for living areas,I’m new here if you can help thatwould be great

VADA HOPKINS

We want to go check things out when are you thinking of going? We would not be able to go for several months as still saving after checking out Panama. Wish we would have gone to Costa Rica to begin with. We would most likely be looking in the central valley. We are in our seventies and worried about the state of the health care with all the cuts in Medicare for people over 74.

We are considering a Costa Rica visit this May. Hopkins, what was your impression of Panama?

OLIVIA MALYN

I would very much like to join a group looking for living areas of particular interest would be for temperate climate and for health reasons not too far from good medical facilities. As it is currently high season until end of March would be probably sometime after, Interested to hear about Panama?

I’ve just made an inquiry elsewhere on an Insider page stating that I wanst to make a 2 or 3 week exploratory trip for a possible move to time around Fall of ’13.
    What can I do next to get some answers?

What does the ERROR statement mean? What’s empty and what does slow down mean?
    What am I not aware of, Please!

Hi Nicholas,

Sorry to hear about the Error message. I’ll refer your query on that to the International Living tech crew.

In the meantime, let me answer your question about the exploratory trip. Your first step should be to check out the Travel Itineraries section of the Costa Rica Insider site: https://internationalliving.com/country_clubs/costa-rica/travel-itineraries/

We’ve put together some sample itineraries that should help you plan your trip and give a taste of the many different areas of Costa Rica. With two or three weeks, you should have a lot of time to explore.

Where you’ll explore should have a lot to do with what type of climate and lifestyle you are looking for. For example, if you want a temperate climate and the convenience of having the big city close by for shopping, large private hospitals, and cultural activities, you’ll probably prefer the Central Valley. For a laidback life at the beach and warmer weather, check out the Central and Southern Pacific coasts.

Let me know if you have any further questions as you plan your trip.

RON BREEDING

that sounds like what I want to do too,just honestly don’t know where to start.

RON BREEDING

how do we answer someones post on her?

Hi Ron,

As far as answering someone’s post, I believe you simply add to conversation thread as you’ve just done.

OLIVIA MALYN

Hi Jason Would like to take exploratory trip probably Central Valley and make a centre for 2-3weeks or longer with possibility of taking up residence. As am getting on in years need to be within easy access of good Medical Facilities ease of geting around- friendly neighborhood hopefully a Bridge Club ,local shopping, movies etc,internet connections etc., I would much appreciate any suggestion you may give me. many thanks olivia malyn

I am considering buying land in Costa Rica as an investment, a vacation spot and as a retirement destination in 10-15 years. I am most interested in undeveloped land or with limited development, suitable for reforestation and agriculture in the form of fruit or nut trees. I am looking for around 10 – 20 hectares. My nephew and I are flying in on Jan 18th to look at some pieces of land around Lake Arenal and in the foothills above the south central Pacific coast. I am looking to buy in 1 to 2 years after a few visits and time to really get to know the areas. I would appreciate any contacts and specific recommendations for our upcoming visit. We will be in country through the 26th.

Hi Olivia,

For the things you’re looking for the Central Valley is perfect. There are some towns with active expats communities I would recommend. Grecia, Atenas, and San Ramon. The last two especially have expat clubs and gathering places. Plus you are very close to San Jose and the great medical and shopping there.

Jason

Hi James,

Both Arenal and the south central Pacific are great regions, with plenty of undeveloped areas. Not sure about suitability for agriculture.

In Arenal, get in touch with Terry Moran: http://www.moranlakearenal.com

And for the central Pacific you can try, Hannah Rico Fletcher. I’m not sure if she deals with areas inland but if not she probably has a referral: http://www.remax-oceansiderealty.com

In Arenal, be sure to check out Volcano Brewing for lunch or dinner – and microbrewed beer. Café y Macadamia is a great lunch spot.

Hola Jason, Happy New Year!

Thanks for the referrals and recommendations. Terry Moran has been very helpful and we’ve already made arrangements.

No response from Hannah / Remax, though, and their website seems totally beach focused. Any other sources for the south central Pacific hills / mountainside real estate?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.