Taxi in Cotacachi

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Taxi in Cotacachi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LAWRENCE SCHULTZ
    Participant

I am planning a trip to Ecuador which includes three days in Cotacachi. I plan on going to Otavalo and other sites during this three day period.

I am wondering if there are English speaking taxi drivers who will take you around on an hourly basis and if so, what is the standard charge per hour?

Larry Schultz

Hi Larry,

Yes, there are a few English-speaking drivers in town and it’s usually pretty easy to hire one for the day or by the hour. I think the standard rate is around $10/hour, but it could vary if you want to go to some more rugged or out-of-the-way areas. Also many of the English speaking drivers do tours and the price for that will probably be a bit more. If you’re on Facebook, join the Cotacachi Information page and in the files you’ll find a good list of drivers in the area and their contact information.

LAWRENCE SCHULTZ
    Participant

Wendy

Thanks for the info but when I went to the facebook page you had to join to be able to post and that only Cotacachi residents could join.

I am wondering if someone could post the topic for me asking for the names and contact information about English speaking taxi drivers who will work on an hourly basis and if so, what was their hourly charge?

Thanks.

Larry

Oh, I didn’t realize that group was closed to non-residents. In that case I would join Cotacachi Expats (I know they let potential expats join that group) and you could easily ask there. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.