Teaching English

Homepage Forums Costa Rica Insider Forum Teaching English

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am interested in teaching English in Costa Rica. However, I know that you are not allowed to work there unless you are a permanent resident or citizen. I am not sure how this all works, since residency seems to be difficult if you do not have a guaranteed income. Thanks for your help!

Hi Kathleen,

Depending on the position, some language schools will help you sort out a work permit/residency. It’s a matter of asking around. I think you’re best bet is to start contacting language schools and seeing what they say. In some cases, the schools will take you more seriously if you’re on the ground in CR already.

Concerning teaching English.  I, too, would like to teach English.  However, I am looking for a legitimate TESL school in Costa Rica to get certified.  Can you recommend any?  Searching on the internet is overwhelming – I’ve spent hours and hours and hours and there really is no way to tell if they are legitimate – they can simply have a great website and fake testimonials.

Thank you for any help/advice you can provide.

Debbie

Hi Deborah,

I don’t have any personal experience with any TESL schools in Costa Rica, so I can’t make any recommendations. But you might try an online forum for those interested in teaching English abroad. You might find someone who’s gone through the experience and can provide you some insight/recommendations.

I found this site. Again, I have no personal experience with it but it’s a place to start. I’m sure there are more forums out there.

http://www.tefl.net

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.