teaching English opportunities in Ecuador

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum teaching English opportunities in Ecuador

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I’m interested in moving to Ecuador-probably Cuenca to start-are there opportunities for teaching English there as a way to support oneself?

I’ll let Edd answer this since he lives in Cuenca. Your best bet to find a job teaching English will be at a local university or private school. So you might want to do a Google search for those (there are far more of them in Quito) and contact them each individually. Be aware that if you do find a job, the pay will be very, very low. Perhaps $500 a month for a full-time gig…

Suzan is right on and there’s nothing I can really add. I know of no single expats who support themselves here solely on income from teaching English.

thanks-that’s what I needed to know

Christine, my research shows the highest-paying jobs for teaching English are in Asia (specifically Japan, South Korea, and China) and in the Middle East…Dubai.

I am interested in moving to Salinas and would like to know if there are any opportunities in private English tutoring for local children or adults, and how much money one can charge for that.

Andrea, Salinas is not a large city. You might find some tutoring work, but it won’t be enough to amount to much.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.