tennis

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LAURA KILLAM

where’s the best place for tennis

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

HI Laura, tennis is a very popular sport in Ecuador and you’ll find tennis courts just about everywhere.

LAURA KILLAM

Thanks, Suzan, I appreciate your quick reply. We are planning to move from Washington state USA to Equador early next year. My husband is a huge tennis fan and a player and will want to take lessons and play on a regular basis, which will play a big part in the city we choose. There are so many beautiful places and cities it is difficult to choose. We are thinking of renting in Cuenca as a jumping off point as there appears to be many people like us; newly retired who speak little Spanish (for now).

There are public courts at the Coliseum where expats play each week. I believe lessons are offered as well. Tennis is available at the private country club, which also has a 9 hole golf course, pool, and restaurants.

LAURA KILLAM

Thanks very much, Edd. I read about you and your wife (congrats on 41 years – 35 years for us) shocking your families by moving to Cuenca a couple of years ago. We will be shocking our family and friends soon.

Congratulations! We’re actually at 42 years now & going strong. Family & friends will get over it–do what’s best for you! Good luck with your journey.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.