TERMITES

Homepage Forums Panama Insider TERMITES

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ronald Crum
    Participant

Does anyone know of a trusted “professional exterminator” in the Pedasi area? The previous owners of our home did not keep up with the extermination of Termites, so we need to get the infestation under control. Can you really ever get rid of termites? or do you just try to control them? Has anyone tried natural treatments? Such as Parasitic Nematodes [ worms ] how about Orange Oil for dry wood termites? Borates, Boric Acid, Sodium Borate [ Borax ] for the underground Termites. How often should you fumigate inside your home to control them? How do you know if they are not under your roof tiles, destroying the wooden frame the roof is built on? How does other people battle termites? How do you know if you are winning the battle. Thank you Ronald Crum

Hi Ronald,

When I owned a rainforest home in Clayton we fumigated every six months and as the wood was good and head been properly treated/sealed we never had an issue, thankfully. I’m sorry I can’t offer any personal insight but I am sure expats and/or experts in Pedasi can help you. I’d bet if you asked around at Smiley’s or Casita Margarita you’d get the info quick enough. I hope we get some posts here as well. And you might try real estate professional and engineer Jean Paul Villamil who is based in Las Tablas and speaks English, and who in my experience knows a lot about home care in the region:

JEAN-PAUL VILLAMIL
    Panama Homeland
    Tel. +507 994-0111; cell +507 6612-8777
    Email: info@panamahomeland.com

Call or drop by his offices.

Best,

Jessica

IL Panama Editor Jessica Ramesch

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.