Test drive trip of 2 months total to Cotacachi, Cuenca, and Salinas.

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Test drive trip of 2 months total to Cotacachi, Cuenca, and Salinas.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    GORDON SIDWELL
    Participant

Test drive trip of 2 months total to Cotacachi, Cuenca, and Salinas.

GORDON SIDWELL
    Participant

We would like to know the best way to arrange for 3 week stays (rentals) in each location.

Overall look at craigslist, airbnb, and vrbo. In Cuenca also subscribe to Gringo Post, an online community bulletin board.

Gordon, in addition to the ones Edd named, there are many Salinas options on flipkey.com as well.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

You can find Cotacachi rentals here: http://livingincotacachi.com/cotacachi-rentals.html

And if you use Google, just search for Cuenca Rentals, Salinas rentals, etc. –and look on Craigslist Quito.

GORDON SIDWELL
    Participant

How does one subscribe to Gringo Post?

GORDON SIDWELL
    Participant

Two or three years ago I subscribed to Ecuador Insider (still a member). I found an 8 page article, written by Jackie Flynn, entitled “This Retirement Haven Has It All …”. In it he lists 12 or more practical, useful helps with being a member. One of these was a list of eight things you don’t want to be without, whether traveling for a week or six months. I have searched all over Ecuador Insider but cannot find this article. Can anyone help me? My wife and I are planning a 2 month trip to Ecuador early in 2017 and want to make sure we have everything we need when we come.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

Hi Gordon, I am looking for that document — not sure it was here on EI but if you want to post your email, I will send you something that might fit the bill. Meanwhile, here is a blog post by husband and I wrote for Huffington Post that might help you: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/suzan-haskins-and-dan-prescher/traveling-over-50_b_9403496.html

GORDON SIDWELL
    Participant

Susan, my email is grsidwell@gmail.com. Thanks for everyone’s help!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.