Thank you Ann

Homepage Forums Belize Insider Forum Thank you Ann

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Harry White
    Participant

This is Harry again, your detailed response to my last question was very much appreciated. I am learning more and more after each of your responses, I sincerely hope I am not being a pest. If the answer to these two questions are some where on the forum, please forgive me. First, is there a golf course in Ambergris Caye or Placencia ? Second, what is the distance between Ambergris Caye and Placencia. Thanking you in advance.

DAVID L.
    Participant

Harry, When my wife and I toured Belize decided where to buy and live permanently, we travelled from Placencia to San Pedro via Tropic Air. We flew from Placencia to Belize City (International Airport) then to San Petro. You can drive, once on the main land, but that would be involve renting a car traveling on unfamiliar roads with their own set of conditions, rules and regulations. We are slowly expanding our comfort zone (Corozal to Chetumal, Mexico; Corozal to Orange Walk/Belize City). Hope this helps. David

Harry White
    Participant

Thanks David,

Harry,

Ambergris Caye is an island. So to visit Placencia you can fly, or take a boat to Belize City, from Ambergris. Then it is about 110 miles from Belize City to Placencia. If you rent a car it will take 3-4 hours to drive to Placencia and the drive is fairly easy. The road is decent. Just do not drive it at night, as there are no lights and accidents at night are not uncommon. The drive along the Hummingbird Highway, south, is really lovely, with many lush, rolling hills.

As David mentions, you can fly from the island to Belize City, and then take a connecting flight to Placencia. It is cheaper to fly to Belize Municipal and then on to Placencia. The cost to fly to the international airport is more, due to international fees and taxes. Note that once you get to Placencia you will want to have a car, if you plan to drive around and check it out. And it’s typically cheaper to rent one in Belize City, vs. in Placencia. I think it is cheaper to rent a car and drive to Placencia vs. take a flight. But it depends on what you want to do and how much time you have.

No problem asking questions. I appreciate that you are doing so on the forum, vs. sending me a private e-mail. This way everyone benefits from the interchange.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.