Three Questions

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Three Questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    DEANNA DICKERSON
    Participant

From the time you find your rental, (provided it doesn’t furnish WIFI)how long till you can get internet installed?
    Are there any rent “share” forums (Roomates sharing a condo or house) in Cotacachi?
    If you get there and rent something can you get a savings account established if you do not have resident status?
    Thanks
    Deanna Dickerson

Hi Deanna, you should be able to get internet very quickly (a day or two) depending on the provider you opt to go with. Then again, it’s Ecuador and may end up taking 3 or 4 days… or 6. There are two providers in Cotacachi I use: Christian Cadena (speaks English) who can have you up and running quickly and will charge per month and allow you to shut down and restart at will. His email address is infomultisoluciones@gmail.com. Or you can go through CNT, the phone company, that has offices behind the Iglesia Catholic church. You have to have a phone line for this latter service.

I don’t know about any roommate share forums, but there is a Facebook page called ‘Cotacachi Expats’ that you may want to join.

Various banks have different policies. I am uncertain about the exact policies of the three banks in Cotacachi but ask that question of the folks on that Facebook page. As I’ve said before, I’ve chosen not to have a bank account in Ecuador. Just uses my ATM card for withdrawals from my US bank. Makes life easier for me.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.