Touring the Southern Zone

Homepage Forums Costa Rica Insider Forum Touring the Southern Zone

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Renee Mendez
    Participant

We would like to find a concierge type service – someone to meet us in Quepos and show us the towns in this area and Manuel Antonio – continuing to Dominical, Uvita and as far south as Ojochal. We want to see the towns before looking at real estate/rentals. Any suggestions on where to find such service?

Jackie Minchillo
    Participant

Hi Renee,

For this type of tour it will probably be best to try and hire a private guide who will work with you on crafting a customized tour of those areas. For me personally I don’t know anyone who specializes in this specifically, but let me do my best to give you some suggestions I think will get you started in the right direction.

This is a big company in CR that seems to offer custom private tours. I would suggest getting in touch and seeing what they might offer in that area:

https://www.desafiocostarica.com/blog/book-a-private-tour-in-costa-rica-for-the-best-one-on-one-service-with-desafo

This tour company also might be one to check with. TAM has attended International Living conferences in Costa Rica – to the best of my knowledge their focus is in Guanacaste and the Central Valley, however they do advertise to ask them about private tours, so perhaps they would be able to customize something for you?
    Here is their website:

And contact info: Email: tourcenter@tamtravel.com Tel: (506) 2293-5529

Also, if you happen to have booked a hotel in that area already for your trip or if you are planning on it, you could ask the hotel directly if they have a local guide they recommend as they will be most familiar with the immediate area.

Hey there! Congrats on your touring.
    Technically, Quepos and Manuel Antonio are not in the Southern Zone, but rather the Central Pacific. Unfortunately, the farther south you travel (especially past Dominical) any type of concierge services greatly diminishes. In fact, I don’t know of anything like that for the true Southern Zone. (There are some real estate developers that tour their areas with some additional information on the surroundings, but that isn’t what you’re asking about.)
    I can give you an extra tip though–be sure and enjoy sunset in Domincal at Jolly Rogers. The wings and burgers are just the best you’ll find anywhere down there, the folks are friendly, and the sunset views are unforgettable.

Renee Mendez
    Participant

Thank you two for the info. We were able to get a quasi-tour from a real estate agent while looking at homes. Worked out fine! We are returning in Feb 2018 and will utilize the tour option from Jackie and the view the sunset at Jolly Rogers – Pura Vida! Renee

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.