Tourist Travel – Electronics/Laptop I can bring

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Tourist Travel – Electronics/Laptop I can bring

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SUSAN P.
    Participant

I’m travelling the country for 3 weeks in April
    I was planning to bring a camera and my laptop. Will I have any troubles bringing them into the country?

Also, does it make sense to purchase a throw away cell phone to use when I am in the country (to call ahead to restaurants, hotels etc or to use in case of emergency). Do I have to register this with the gov’t somewhere? How much may this cost.

Thanks in advance for you help

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

No, you will not have any problem bring that stuff. I always travel with a laptop, ipad, camera and 2 cell phones. Yes, you can purchase a cell phone if you’d like and no, you do not need to register it. You can buy an inexpensive cell phone here for $30 to $50. And then buy a card for time… you can probably get by with $5 if you won’t use it much.

SUSAN P.
    Participant

Great
    Thank-you
    Also thank-you very much for your hotel advice in Quito. I just booked it last night.
    Thanks to you I’m looking forward to my trip without being intimidated by questions and decisions I’m unfamiliar with

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.