Translators in Quito.

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Translators in Quito.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MARK N.

Hello. I am arriving on Monday. I am a veterinarian and am trying to contact the veterinary school to take a tour and find out about opportunities in my profession. I have sent emails to the school, but the language barrier must be a problem. Also information on bus service from Quito to Otavalo/Cotechachi area.
    I am also then heading to the wildlife rehab clinic in the amazon and from there would like to travel back to Otavalo and Cotecachi. I would like some advise on places to stay in those two towns.
    Also any tips on the bus service would be helpful. thanks

Mark Newkirk VMD

Mark, I’m not personally acquainted with any translators in Quito, though I’m sure there are some. Perhaps you could try contacting one of the language schools there and seeing if they could help you. You can reach the Simon Bolivar Spanish School at info@simon-bolivar.com.

Buses to Otavalo leave Quito from the north terminal known as Carcalen. Once you arrive at the Otavalo terminal you can catch a bus to Cotacachi. Buses from both terminals depart frequently so you shouldn’t need to wait more than 20 minutes (at most) for a bus.

In Cotacachi, El Arbolito and La Cuadra are both nice inexpensive hostals that get good reviews. Otavalo and Cotacachi are only 20 minutes away from each other by bus, so I’m not sure you’d want to stay in one town and then move hotels to another town later since you can easily take day trips to either one. But if you want to stay in Otavalo as well there are a lot of nice hostals near the Plaza de Ponchos. Most potential expats choose to stay in Cotacachi, so I’m sorry, but I don’t really have any first-hand recommendations for accommodation in Otavalo.

MARK N.

thank you wendy that is most helpful.

SUZAN HASKINS
    Participant

If you want to stay in Otavalo, Dona Esther is a good hostel there. In Quito, attorney Roberto Moreno’s son might be able to translate for you. Roberto’s email address is roberto@morenodidonato.com. Another option might be the folks at Nuevo Mundo. Contact Oswaldo Munoz: oswaldo@nuevomundoexpeditions.com.

Be advised that the last bus to/from Otavalo and Cotacachi is at about 6.30 PM so if you arrive after that time, you’ll need to grab a taxi. Cost: $5.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.