Transportation from Panama City to Boquette

Homepage Forums Panama Insider Transportation from Panama City to Boquette

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Taylor
    Participant

I will be flying into Panama City in November and will need to get to Boquette from there by bus. A couple of questions.

I would like to take the bus from Panama City, how do I get to the buses that are direct from PC to David without making all the stops along the way? Can I catch these at the airport or do I need to go to a bus station?

Once in David what is the best way to get to a specific address in Boquette without taking a bus? I will have luggage and did not know if there are Ubers that could take me.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Hello Kevin

It is easy to get around the country by bus. In Panama City you will need to go to the Albrook Bus Terminal. This is the main terminal for busses running throughout the country. My suggestion is if you are intending to hop a bus directly after a flight to take an Uber from the Tocumen Airport to the bus terminal. Its fast, easy and the cheapest way to go.

Busses to David do make stops along the way but not many. All busses will stop for a break in Santiago where there are restrooms and food available. The bus will only take about 7 hours from Panama City to David.

Once in David if you are not going to Boquete by bus the options are to rent a car or take a taxi. Taking a taxi is going to be expensive. I have heard some people pay $50 or more. We don’t have the option of Ubers in David. Here is a recent video I did on transportation in Chiriqui. https://members.internationalliving.com/may-2019/. There’s also an article here with more information that might help (scroll down for the Chiriqui section): https://members.internationalliving.com/march-2019-2/

Hope this helps you out. Any other questions just ask. I am happy to help out.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.